Please, be aware of the fact that the full and actual information is always available at the website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic (MOI).
MOI information for schools and students is available here.
Brochure “Information for foreigners in the Czech Republic“.
New MBA Student
- EU citizens (or citizens of Shengen Area – Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein and Switzerland) do not need a visa or a permit to study in the Czech Republic. They only need a valid passport or another equivalent ID. Student has to arrange the health insurance.
- NON – EU citizens
Student has to apply for the legal stay in the Czech Republic at the embassy of the Czech Republic in the country of permanent stay. There is a possibility to apply for:
- Long term visa for the study purpose– approved length of max.6 months in the Czech Republic and then the student must apply for an extension of the visa
- Long term residence permit for the study purpose – approved length max. 1 year then the student must apply for an extension of the residence permit.
We recommend applying for long term residence permit for the study purpose of the legal stay in the Czech Republic immediately at the embassy of the Czech Republic. Find the detailed information at the website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic.
- Please note that it is necessary to be physically present in the country where you applied at the time the visa is issued in the passport.
- University of Economics, Prague/International School of Business and Management (ISBM) office provides the confirmation of the acceptance and the confirmation of the accommodation in the Czech language according to the requirements and conditions of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic. Note: a confirmation of the accommodation is sent to the student who applied for the accommodation at the university dormitory in the application form! If the student makes his/her own arrangement of the accommodation he/she has to follow the rules of the conditions for this kind of document by own.
- The application procedure for obtaining a visa for study purposes can take up to 90 days since the VISA application had been submitted to the local Czech Embassy. Please read the information below carefully and start your application procedure immediately after receiving information from our university about your acceptance. There are many documents you have to prepare, additionally you will receive also the documents from our university. Registration for an appointment via database Visapoint can be done in a month advance! If you wait for the documents from us it is usually too late, too hard to get an appointment in the time! There is a lack of places available.
- Student solves the visa issue on his/her own. Important is to contact the local Czech Embassy or Consulate for details on Visa Application and read the instructions on filling in the application properly – all information including the contact to the embassy in your country. Different Czech Embassies can have different documents required.Important is to contact the local Czech Embassy or Consulate for details on Visa Application and read the instructions on filling in the application properly. Different Czech Embassies can have different documents required (please note that some documents must be translated into Czech language by a translator with an official rubber stamp).
In general, the filled-in application form must be accompanied by:
- Letter of Acceptance issued by the Czech university
- A confirmation of guaranteed accommodation (document called “Potvrzení“). Students, who are not going to stay at our university dorms, have to get this statement – “Potvrzení“ from a landlord of the place their going to stay at.
- Statement confirming that the applicant has financial resources to cover their stay in the Czech Republic – i.e. a statement from a bank: the minimum amount required is approx. 35 000 CZK (approx. 1 200 EUR) for each month of the stay in the country
- Transcript from Register of Criminal Records verifying that the applicant has no criminal record
- Valid international health insurance
- 2 passport-sized photos (45mm x 35mm)
- Valid passport
- Don’t forget that you have to register for a first appointment at the embassy via the VISAPOINT website.
- Health insurance rules – see the information here.
Duties after the arrival to the Czech Republic – Registration at the Foreign Police, Immigration Office (biometric data)
- EU citizen – register within 30 days after the arrival to the Czech Republic – study the duties here. In case you are accommodated at the dormitory – the announcement of your arrival is done by the dormitory.
- NON – EU citizen – register within 3 days after the arrival at the Foreign Police in case you obtained the long term study visa (valid for 6 months). In case you are accommodated at the dormitory – the announcement of your arrival is done by the dormitory. Study your duties here.
In case you got approved the long term residence permit for the study purpose you have to visit the Immigration Office of the Ministry of Interior for the registration and fulfill the duties related to the biometric data. Your duties are available here.
Current MBA students – extension of the stay in the Czech Republic
- Current students are expected to check and deal their legal stay in the Czech Republic by their own.
- All actual information, conditions for the extension of the study visa or long residence permit for the study purpose are available at the website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic.
- The students who got approved the long term study visa can apply in the due time for a long term residence permit for the study purpose at the Immigration Office of the Ministry of Interior. For all students is valid the same rule: you have to submit an application for an extension at earliest 90 days and at latest 14 days before your current visa expires.
- The International School of Business and Management (ISBM) office will prepare the confirmation of study for the extension of the legal stay in the Czech Republic upon to the personal request. The confirmation of the accommodation for students living at the dormitory is arranged by the dormitory manager upon to a request. The students who live at the private apartments have to arrange a confirmation about the accommodation in the required condition according to the instructions given at the website of the Ministry of Interior of the Czech Republic.
- We strongly recommend to the students to follow the rules and conditions of the legal stay in the Czech Republic. For example do not forget to announce any change of your address, do not forget to apply for the extension of your legal stay in the Czech Republic in time.
- Find the needed form for a change announcement, application for the residence permit for the study purpose, an extension of your stay and other useful forms here.
Duties after the MBA study is completed
- Graduates must follow the rules and regulations given by the Immigration Office of the Ministry of Interior. Graduates loose the study statute and must leave the country or apply for a new/changed purpose of a stay in the Czech Republic.
- According to the information of the Ministry of Interior a biometrical card must be returned to the Immigration Office – please, look for the information and details of this requirement at the Immigration Office you belong to according to the place of your current stay.